I just got home and it's Valentine's Day. Sweetpea is busy making, yes making, pizza in the kitchen. He makes awesome pizza, special for his non cheese eating, vegetarian fiance. My red roses are in the vase he bought me last year and I could not be happier. We have Nora Jones on the stereo, a bottle of chardonnay "breathing" and pizza in the oven. By next year at this time, we could have something else in the oven and who knows what else may be happening. It's so precious, this time when it's just "us". I hope someday there will be at least one little one (I know, it's better to have two, but let me just think about one at a time, please!!!). But right now, I am really enjoying being a couple. Even when Sweetpea was not living here, I felt it was a time to cherish. The anticipation of seeing him on the weekends made that time so treasured and exquisitely tender.
Now that he lives here I can see how people take each other for granted. We sit on the sofa on our respective laptops and I hate to think that I could forget how much I used to long for his company, now that I have it all the time.
I resolve on this Valentine's Day to make sure to always value my sweetpea's company, his thoughts, his cooking and our life together. Now if you will excuse me, I have pizza to eat...
Hasta Luego,
Dr.A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment