Friday, February 1, 2008

Blog till you drop

It's February 1st. That means I officially only have six months to go. That might sound like a lot but there are at least three weekend in which I will be totally busy (Drea's bday, going home in May and hopefully Bachelorette weekend). That's scary. We have gotten a lot done, but we have so much left to do. We have not planned out our ceremony yet. "The Rabbi" assigned us a book to read. Bart is almost done with it, I am planning to read it too. Then, we can start to plan the specifics. The Rabbi gave us a book with all the different options he likes for each component of the ceremony, which is nice. It has readings and vows, etc. So it's not totally daunting, but still. Then I have to figure out how to make programs. That's what you call a DIY (do it yourself) project for most people. My version of DIY is usually paying someone to DIFM (do it for me). But I do want to try to do some things myself. I feel a huge sense of pride and accomplishment when I do it myself. Interestingly, more pride and accomplishment than I feel about finishing medical school and residency. I guess those were necessary evils, whereas wedding programs (or baby shower invites, scrapbooks, etc) are creative projects. Aka, something I didn't have to do. Something I created. It's amazing how satisfying that is. Especially since it does NOT come naturally to me. So DIY it will be. Not the invites though, I am buying those. They are quite beautiful, I don't have a picture yet. My DIY skills are not nearly there yet. Or likely ever.
Some more pics for planning:
This is the bridemaids' dress. You have to turn sideways to look at it, because I cannot figure out how to turn it upright.







This is the color scheme "paprika and chocolate"
(see below)














Wow, I got rid of the underlining. That was intense. I must have hit some button and everything was being underlined. I had to go to the Html script to delete the command. That was complicated. Whew, glad it's over.
Now back to the important stuff! The Jr. bridesmaids will be wearing the chocolate with the rust color sash. These are the junior bridesmaids, my little goddaughters, the future chefs. And I got the flower girls cute J Crew dresses in ivory with an espresso sash. Love it.



These are the flower girls: my future nieces! (H & A)


















Ah, why am I blogging, I have so much work to do!!!
Hasta luego
Dr. A

No comments: