
photo credit http://ericcable.com/Ha. Well maybe. We'll see. I do want to restart my blogging efforts. Now that the wedding is over and the honeymoon has come and gone, maybe I will have more free time. However, there is always something. We have been sorting out the wedding gifts, writing the thank you notes, and bringing back the duplicate gifts. I had previously thought that the point of a registry is to avoid
duplicate gifts, but apparently not. In our Sur La Table gift registry for multiple items it states "received #2, requested #1.". Now, I would have thought the software would have some mechanism for preventing the purchase of more than the requested number of items, but then, that's an assumption, and you know what they say about that! So back to the store we go with our duplicate pots to pick out new ones. I think the actual purpose of a registry is to get the bride and groom to "close it out". They give you a discount to buy the rest of the stuff on the list, only if you buy it all. So that means, you don't get the discount if you only buy some of the remaining stuff. That seems to be where they get ya! I remember them saying "register for lots of stuff that you don't even think anyone will buy, like a couch, because you get a 10% discount on it anyway". Well yeah, only if you buy everything left on the list! So that appears to be a bit of a scam, but we did not succumb. We only registered for things we thought people might buy, so I am only stuck with a set of sheets, and I have gift cards to put towards that purchase.
Today we went with our friends, Funnyman and Musicalia, to Pier 39. This is usually the type of place I wholeheartedly avoid, but once in a while it's fun to play the tourist. We had a "crab feast" for 4 which consisted of... crab. And nothing else. They just bring this huge platter of steaming hot crab legs cooked in butter and 4 bibs. After we tore through that deliciousness, we watched the scores of yelping sea lions frolic on the docks. Aside from a few playful pups, the mounds of sleeping sea lions were so still, the question was raised by Funnyman if some of them may actually not be alive. This kind of put a damper on watching the sea lions.
Then we watched people juggling fire and bouncing around in a trampoline and ate chocolate and cookies.

On the way home, Sweetpea had to stop short on the freeway due to an accident in front of him and we got rear ended. The perp took off (yes an actual hit and run) but fortunately there was only some small dents in my bumper! Too bad I didn't get his/her license plate.
Okay, back to work, organizing my life. Hasta luego!
Dr. A
1 comment:
i heart your thank you notes! sooo cute!
Post a Comment