Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The final weeks!


Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks, which is considered "full term". It's been an exciting week, one of my best friends got married, we went to their Saturday night wedding. Two days later we celebrated our one year anniversary, so basically we felt like they threw us a big party!!
Of course everything is somewhat overshadowed by the impending newborn. I am really excited, such that is adding to my difficulty sleeping. I stay up thinking about her and bringing her home. I am trying to relax and not be afraid of the delivery but you keep hearing these stories, and even a brief sentence just sticks in my head, like someone said " I thought i was going to die". Why say that to an expectant mom? I really prefer the wise souls that keep quiet about their experience until I'm done. Anyway, I am practicing my hypnobirth techniques and hopefully that, along with great support people and staying in water as long as possible will help.
Our house is baby central. I have been laundering clothes as well as burp cloths, blankets, wiping cloths and covers for car seats, bouncy seats, swings, etc. We have bought some nice things for her and I am looking forward to using them. Baby is kicking and growing appropriately. I am so proud of babypea already! She is head down, thankfully now and side facing, but the doc says they don't really pick a backward facing angle until labor usually. I hope she does.
This is my last week of work, which is a busy one. I will probably have to spend some time next week finishing up my charts and tying up my loose ends, but things are going well. Most of my regular patients have known for some time that ths is my last week and are coming in to say good bye. I will be back in February if all goes well.
I have been incredibly blessed so far to have a healthy pregnancy. I have to admit I think I had H1N1, aka swine flu , which was awful, but it was fortunately the third trimester. I do think it affected babypea's growth for a month or so but now she is "catching up". I doubt it affected her in any other way, since it was so late already. At least I hope not. I was also lucky in that it could have been so much worse. Otherwise, this 39 year old body is doing a a pretty good job making this baby. I am dying to meet her face to face. Or maybe face to boob. Whatever!!!
Hasta Luego,
Dr. A

No comments: