Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm so excited!

I want my baby, when she is old enough to read my blog, to know how excited I am for her to arrive. I actually am not uncomfortable and I am fortunately not dying to become "unpregnant" as some are at this stage of the game (38 weeks). Aside from a few small issues, I can even sleep pretty well (thrist and bathroom breaks being the main disturbers), but I wake up at night and can't get back to sleep due to my excitement. I know it's going to be hard, I know I am going to want this sleep time back later and regret even a missed hour. But the sweet anticipation of seeing littlepea's face and drying her off on my chest and feeding her for the first time, just makes me so happy. This is truly the moment I have been waiting for, not for 9 months, but for years and years. I have always wanted to have children. I was afraid I would not get the opportunity for a while and this pregnancy is such a blessing, at any age, but especially at my age.

I even imagine my baby in her little clothes that I have lovingly washed and folded and see her laying in her little bassinet next to my bed. These weeks of being "full term" but not knowing exactly when she is going to arrive are just wondeful. I love resting, and finishing last minute details, and seeing my friends. But I really think Sweetpea and I have already carved out the place for littlepea in our lives. We have done all our "stuff", we have our careers, we have traveled, and had many wonderful times alone together, we have gotten it all out of our systems and we are soooo ready to just focus all our energy on our daughter. We were talking about it today and although we know we have to wait until she is ready to come out, we are anxiously awaiting her arrival.

I thought it would so hard to see my belly all huge with the baby in my belly and nothing could be further from the truth. I think it's the most wonderful thing in the world. I love the way it jiggles and gyrates as she squrms around and kicks and hiccups. But I am ready to have her out here. Ready and waiting. For you my love.
love, your Mama.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Oh my god, I'm about to bawl my eyes out. This is going to be on lucky girl to have a mama like you!!

Stefanie K. said...

Awww, SO sweet!! I can't WAIT to hear your birth story and "meet" your little girl!!

Zoe said...

What a wonderful letter to Elena. She is going to love reading it someday! You may even be meeting her as I type this. I'm so happy for you!