I
To continue my story, the day after I got engaged was my birthday. I called my parents, my friends, far and wide. My sweetpea's parents came into town and were thrilled to learn that we were engaged (although they kept asking me why I wanted to marry him. Maybe this should have raised some red flags?). Since it was my bday, we already had some celebrations planned, one with future in-laws at Delfina and one with friends at a bar, which became engagement celebrations.
Prior to all this in the same week, my dear friend K, had a baby after a long arduous labor that I was a witness to for about 12 of the total 18 hours. It was a crazy week. Fotunately i had the forethought to take the week off. As we like to say, my 'ESPN' was working well! Hmm, I really wish I knew how to move the pictures around. If anyone actually reads this and has any advice, feel free to pass it on.
We went to Pave jewelers to have the diamond set. Sweetpea's mom helped me pick out a beautiful setting. They took five long weeks to make the ring so it was more like a Christmas present when I finally got it. Gorgeous. My baby treats me good!
When I returned to work after my week off, everyone immediately looked at my finger and asked "how was your vacation?" in a disappointed tone. It was fun to surprise them. My family at work has been waiting for this moment for years. Pam has been offering to buy a bridesmaid's dress since we met!
Ok, now I have to go meditate. I promised myself this weekend I would meditate daily. We attended a mindfulness retreat at Spirit Rock meditation center, dicusssing how mindfulness relates to the biology of the brain. The brain is essentially the tool of the mind and can be trained to work the way we want, instead of its seemingly random functioning that gets us into trouble. Or maybe I should speak for myself! My brain is a but more random than most. Oooohhhhhmmmmmmmm.
Dr. A
1 comment:
Yay!! Welcome to Blogspot-- I love it. Now you can chronicle your experiences/ this wedding/marriage phase of your life (and I can stay abreast!!)
Post a Comment