

Wow, I'm joining the ranks of the bloggers. I always thought this was a luxury afforded to only those who could come home, cook dinner, clean up, and still have some leisure time, but now I realize it is one more thing you can just do instead. Who needs sleep? Who needs dinner? I just want to BLOG!!!
I am planning my wedding and I feel the need to organize my thoughts. I am one of those people whose home is not particulary organized and my office looks like a bulldozer hit it but my brain needs to be neatly filed. I DO know where things are, even my passport, contrary to what one might think, based on how often I use it.
So here are the plans that are bursting out of my brain, and that no one really, truly wants to hear about (except maybe others that are planning a wedding).
Let's start at the beginning, or at least the proposal:
November 14, 2007, My sweetpea, got down on his knee in the middle of Milennium restaurant in San Francisco, California and asked me to marry him- obviously, I said, yes. Amazing how that life changing event can be summarized in one sentence. The day you wait for your whole life, when you find that most special person you will spend the rest of your life with, and it comes and goes in one sentence. Sure, there's a lead up, but essentially, there is that moment, when those words are uttered and an answer is given. You can be on top of Mt.Everest, but it still just takes a second to say "yes". He gave me the most beautiful diamond I could possibly imagine and THAT I will have forever. ( Barring the odd circumstance in which the whole finger would come off. )
Anyway, we almost immediately decided we needed to "rush" a bit. Neither of us is particularly young, in spite of our youthful appearances and we might want to try to have a child. Therefore we decided on July. Which eventually got pushed to August, when I started to panic. We also both loved a certain special French restaurant we had previously eaten at, and decided to check that out for the wedding site.
It turned out, that would work out perfectly, as long as we could start at 1 and leave by 5. I was not particularly thrilled about that, but they have their own farm with a lovely arbor and flower garden. The beauty of that garden, combined with the startling view, was all we needed to see, SOLD!
And, there we were, one week out, already with our dream spot! I can't figure out how to move the pictures around, but you get the idea. This is MUCH easier than posting a bio on the knot, my current wedding website obsession.
Hasta luego
Dr. A
No comments:
Post a Comment