I know it is early to be worried about this, but I can't find a pair of wedding shoes. Seems ridiculous actually, I never thought this would be something that would so completely elude me. We have our place, our photog, our videographer, our florist, my dress, I even have some of the gifts for the bridesmaids. I ordered crystal hair pins and I have my jewelery. But no shoes. I guess the main problem is, I don't want my feet to hurt. When your feet hurt, that is all you can think about: "When can I take these F'in shoes off??" It's a form of socially acceptable torture. Pointy toes, pointy heels, too wide, too narrow, there are so many ways to abuse one's feet. And of course they have to be somewhat cute. I can't very well shuffle through my wedding in my Dansko clogs. This is almost an existential dilemma. What is more important in my life, fashion, or comfort? Initially I thought, no one really sees the shoes anyway. But, the more I look at wedding blogs and bios, the more pictures of shoes I have seen. It seems to be a classic wedding pic. Gotta snap at least ONE of the bride's shoes. Ha, maybe I can get one pair for the pictures and one to actually wear! That's so fraudulent. It says "It's not that I can't afford cute shoes, or that I can't pick out cute shoes, it's just that I choose not to wear them!"
Fortunately the shoe websites post reviews. Even the comfortable looking shoes are often poorly reviewed. Someone could make millions just producing comfortable dress shoes. I have already bought two pairs and returned them. Three actually, because I ordered one in two different sizes.
And no, I have not forgotten that the most important thing is my sweet wonderful fiance and the spiritual bond between us, but how can I concentrate on that if my feet are burning? Well fortunately I have 3-4 months to find shoes (because of course you need the shoes to get the dress altered). I know, I know, it will all be fine. I'm off to the Aerosoles store!
Actually not right now, since it is 9pm. Maybe tomorrow I will make it to the gym.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just a thoght about shoes my daughter at her wedding bought pretty dress shoes for the pics and then some pretty very comfy flats for the reception.
Good luck!!
Katherine
Post a Comment