And here is what our sweet darling girl looks like now:

I still don't feel the movements but I saw her moving on the sonogram. I am so excited now that I saw all her body parts and they are all forming normally.
We have decided on a name preliminarily but I probably shouldn't advertise that, although I am pretty sure no one reads this. And if you do, I probably told you already. Ok? Ok.
I had a little meltdown at work today, hormones plus fatigue helped me to go over the edge. My poor boss, dealing with crazy pregnant lady. Sheesh. It's worth it though, I can't wait to meet my little girl.
Our registry has been started at Amazon.com. They don't have everything but they have more than anyone else. It's just nice to make an organized list of the stuff I need, it is more like a to do list than a "get me presents" list. In fact I don't really want a shower since all my poor friends must be sick of having parties in my honor, after my wedding, bridal shower and bachelorette party. Pregnancy brain is a real thing so anything I can do to remember stuff is helpful. I would think "I need a bather thing, I better write that down.". Now it's all there on the list.
My biggest dilemma is cloth vs disposable diapers. There is a drought in the area so it makes cloth a less good option. Of course the landfills are full of diapers and that's bad too. Six of one, half dozen of another? The most perfect solution would be the service Earth Baby that delivers compostable diapers and then picks them up and composts them into soil. However they do not yet serve Oakland area. Too bad. Because even a "biodegradable" diaper won't degrade in a landfill. Cloth feels better to me, I have to say. I mean, the big wastes of water are usually in manufacturing, and watering the golf courses, etc. I don't think cloth diapers are the main problem. I don't even have a lawn to water.
My other dilemmas involved what type of baby swing to get and what type of breast pump. Much less serious issues to be sure.
I have my book list, Happiest Baby on the Block, Dr. Sears' baby book, Baby language, and Elimination Communication. I am sure there are other good ones that I am missing.
Well I am officially exhausted and I still have to do the dishes, and get ready for bed. Can't WAIT for my Comfort U pillow to arrive in the mail. It was supposed to come already but the UPS site says Monday. One word of advice to pregnant women: don't wait until sleeping becomes uncomfortable to order your huge body pillow. Do it immediately, so you have it when you need it. Which will be sooner than you think!
Dr. Amy
2 comments:
A, you look GREAT!! I love your baby belly. I'm so sorry about your fatigue and work breakdown, but it's really so understandable.
Have you heard of/investigated Bum Genius diapers? (http://www.bumgenius.com/index.php) Todd's cousin uses them and we babysat and spent a week with them at about his 5th month. They are just amazing, and completely convinced me! It ends up being like a $500 upfront investment, but then you don't buy diapers and you can even keep them for the next baby(s), etc. I can't believe how great they are. Really easy to use, and the mom was a full-time working mom who said laundry was just twice a week...not as often as I thought! Very cool.
Good luck, you're in my thoughts :) ((hugs))
Aw, you look so cute!
Post a Comment